Don’t you love getting things in the mail? I love receiving packages, but even more than that, I love handwritten mail. I remember having a pen pal in grade 2 – we wrote to each other about our days at school and sent each other scratch-and-sniff stickers. She was just the nicest girl (hi Danielle!) and I remember being so jealous of the fact that she was living on a farm and had her own chickens and a goat.
I’ve had a couple of pen pals since: in grade 10 I wrote letters in French to a girl who told me all about her wild all night dance party adventures (the clubs in Greece stayed opened until 4am and had no age restrictions) and I also exchanged letters with another shy pen pal who didn’t really write much at all. Now that I think about it, I don’t even really remember where I got these pen pals from. I mean, I’m pretty sure that they were arranged through school because I never actually bought any stamps or anything…
There’s something really romantic about physically putting pen to paper, but I guess it’s as lot easier to type and send off emails! I have a busy weekend ahead – my nephew is turning one. I’m so excited, I cannot believe he’s a year old already! I’ve been enlisted to take some photos of the bash. I hope they turn out well!
1. It’s a real life Up house!
2. Sandwiches can be works of art: build yourself a better sandwich.
3. Avocados are super thirsty (like almonds). Here’s a handy list of produce that isn’t too thirsty.
4. Apparently I’m not very good at logic/math. I tried and failed to figure out Cheryl’s birthday.
5. Why we buy things to be “cool.”
6. I’m into documentaries and this one on sake is on my to-watch list.
1. This spring onion and pea flatbread!
2. I want to fall asleep on a herbed focaccia raft in a sea of pimento romesco.
3. These beet-red barbecue pork buns are calling my name.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
1. This awesome wooden toy breakfast set is the wrong age toy for my nephew, but I’m going to keep it in mind for the future. It’s too cute!
2. I covet this vaccum.
3. Thinking about buying this dress but thinking it’s maybe a little too crazy?
Have an awesome weekend friends!
love & potatoes,
PS – I was gifted a package from Not Another Bill and I absolutely loved everything in the box, especially the Opinel knife set!
PPS – I’m headed to New York soon. Help a girl out and tell me what your favorite/must eats are?!