This Grilled Lemon Mustard Chicken with a no-oil marinade turns out a surprisingly tender and moist chicken! I like to pound out the breasts a little bit so they’re thinner and more even, and they don’t take as long to cook on the grill.
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card at the end of this post. It’s the perfect chicken for adding to salads.
Grilled Lemon Mustard Chicken
A “no oil” marinade turns out a delicious, moist and tender chicken.
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh herbs (any combo of rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano and parsley)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large (about 1½ pounds) skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or use chicken tenders to top a salad)
- lemon slices, parsley and fresh herbs (for garnish)
Combine marinade ingredients in a large freezer zip baggie, mixing well.
Add chicken breasts to baggie and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and grill 3 inches from heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
Place on individual plates or on a platter surrounded by parsley sprigs, lemon slices and fresh herb leaves.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 212kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 37g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 0.02g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 807mg, Potassium: 709mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 381IU, Vitamin C: 21mg, Calcium: 28mg, Iron: 1mg
Discussion about this post