Luscious Noodle Free Lasagna
The trick to this lasagne? It’s made with Zucchini instead!
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ pound (7½ cups) fresh spinach
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut lengthwise into ⅛ inch thick slices
- 15 ounces part skim ricotta
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- One 14.5 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- ½ smal yellow or red onion, quartered
- 1 medium garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated part skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Coat an 8×8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add spinach, stirring until leaves wilt, about 5 minutes. Place in a colander.
Coat skillet with cooking spray again and heat over high heat. Cook zucchini in batches, 2 to 3 minutes per side; drain on paper towels.
Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Mix spinach, ricotta, egg white, ¼ cup of the Parmesan, basil, ½ teaspoon of salt and nutmeg in a bowl; set aside.
In a food processor, puree tomatoes, onion, garlic, pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Spread half of the sauce on the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer zucchini on top, then half of the ricotta mixture. Add a layer of zucchini and remaining half of ricotta and sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
Bake, uncovered, until cheese browns, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 350kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 1330mg, Potassium: 1315mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 6595IU, Vitamin C: 67mg, Calcium: 750mg, Iron: 4mg
Discussion about this post